My latest slideshow article at Bleacher Report takes a look at the greatest takeaways from yesterday’s Red-Blue Scrimmage at McKale Center.
I think Arizona’s overall talent, most of it young and developing, will mature and the Wildcats will mesh together well to correct some of the flaws that were exposed yesterday.
Arizona’s perimeter shooting is a concern with Nick Johnson as the only returner with substantial attempts from beyond three-point range. But the Wildcats can evolve into a productive team in this regard with T.J. McConnell, Gabe York and Jordin Mayes.
A question to ask: How many defenses will the UA face that will be as good as the one the Wildcats saw in themselves yesterday?
Countdown to Tip-off Blogs:
– A look at past, future today with Arizona Wildcats’ Red-Blue Scrimmage
– Arizona Wildcats’ Aaron Gordon vying to become third freshman to win Pac-12 player of year
– Ernie McCray did more than score for Arizona Wildcats
– Arizona Wildcats’ No. 31 not retired with Jason Terry’s name but should be
– No. 32 most storied jersey number in Arizona Wildcats history
– No. 33 in Arizona Wildcats history symbolic of hard work ethic, ideal role players
– Simon says: No. 34 special with two of Arizona Wildcats’ greatest wearing jersey number
– If Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski has field-goal percentage like Jud Buechler, UA will be fine
– Arizona Wildcats legend Sean Elliott scored career-high 36 points opposing Sean Miller
– Nick Johnson looks to improve perimeter shooting, limit turnovers
– Jordin Mayes hoping to return to shooting form earlier in Arizona Wildcats career
– 39 days and counting toward Arizona Wildcats’ season
– Joe Skaisgir best Arizona Wildcats basketball player you’ve never heard of
– Nick Johnson looks to improve FG percentage while Arizona Wildcats limit opponents
– Chris Mills, A.J. Bramlett reached Arizona Wildcats stardom via different paths, roles
– Jordan Hill climbed hill for notoriety while Ed Nymeyer lived up to hype with Arizona Wildcats
– Fantastic Four who wore No. 44: Jersey special for Arizona Wildcats program
– Two of Arizona Wildcats’ best centers — Sean Rooks and Channing Frye — donned No. 45
– Arizona Wildcats great Ernie McCray reminisces about his record-setting 46-point performance
– Arizona Wildcats star recruit should not be compared to Blake Griffin
– Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller on fast track to Pac-12 success
– Things you may not know about Arizona Wildcats point guard T.J. McConnell
– Arizona Wildcats will benefit from presence of Joseph Blair in practice
– Arizona Wildcats preparing for what could be memorable 2013-14 season