No. 34 facts about Arizona’s hoops program as we are now 34 days from tip-off:
– Largely overlooked in Miles Simon’s illustrious career is that he got teammates involved as a shooting guard who scored 1,664 points in his career. Simon ranks No. 10 on the UA’s career assists chart with 455. All the other players on the list were point guards except for small forward Luke Walton, who ranks fifth with 582.
– Simon was also Mr. Reliable at the free-throw line, leading the UA in three consecutive years in that category. More impressive than that, Simon went to the line an average of 156 times each year, symbolizing his ability to make things happen.
– Chase Budinger is another standout who wore No. 34 for the Wildcats. Budinger averaged 35.4 minutes a game in his UA career, which is slightly behind Jason Gardner’s 35.5 average. Budinger got the most out of those minutes, averaging 17 points a game in his career, which ranks 10th in UA history.
– Budinger ranks 11th in Arizona history with his 1,697 career points. Simon is No. 12.
– Arizona forced Colorado into an opponent-record 34 turnovers in a 94-63 victory in 1974.
Countdown to Tip-off Blogs:
– If Arizona Wildcats center Kaleb Tarczewski has field-goal percentage like Jud Buechler, UA will be fine
– Arizona Wildcats legend Sean Elliott scored career-high 36 points opposing Sean Miller
– Nick Johnson looks to improve perimeter shooting, limit turnovers
– Jordin Mayes hoping to return to shooting form earlier in Arizona Wildcats career
– 39 days and counting toward Arizona Wildcats’ season
– Joe Skaisgir best Arizona Wildcats basketball player you’ve never heard of
– Nick Johnson looks to improve FG percentage while Arizona Wildcats limit opponents
– Chris Mills, A.J. Bramlett reached Arizona Wildcats stardom via different paths, roles
– Jordan Hill climbed hill for notoriety while Ed Nymeyer lived up to hype with Arizona Wildcats
– Fantastic Four who wore No. 44: Jersey special for Arizona Wildcats program
– Two of Arizona Wildcats’ best centers — Sean Rooks and Channing Frye — donned No. 45
– Arizona Wildcats great Ernie McCray reminisces about his record-setting 46-point performance
– Arizona Wildcats star recruit should not be compared to Blake Griffin
– Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller on fast track to Pac-12 success
– Things you may not know about Arizona Wildcats point guard T.J. McConnell
– Arizona Wildcats will benefit from presence of Joseph Blair in practice
– Arizona Wildcats preparing for what could be memorable 2013-14 season