No. 39 facts about Arizona’s hoops program as we are now 39 days from tip-off:
– Mike Bibby produced 39 points, 16 rebounds and eight assists in 1997 Final Four wins over North Carolina and Kentucky.
– Gilbert Arenas is the No. 39 scorer in Arizona history with 1,105 points in only two seasons. He has the third-most points in the least amount of games behind Coniel Norman (1,194 in only 50 games) and Derrick Williams (1,227 in 69 games).
– Arizona made its most three-pointers in the program’s history — 296 in 2010-11 — while shooting a respectable 39.6 percent from that range.
Note: No Arizona players have worn jersey numbers 36-39.
Countdown to Tip-off Blogs:
– Joe Skaisgir best Arizona Wildcats basketball player you’ve never heard of
– Nick Johnson looks to improve FG percentage while Arizona Wildcats limit opponents
– Chris Mills, A.J. Bramlett reached Arizona Wildcats stardom via different paths, roles
– Jordan Hill climbed hill for notoriety while Ed Nymeyer lived up to hype with Arizona Wildcats
– Fantastic Four who wore No. 44: Jersey special for Arizona Wildcats program
– Two of Arizona Wildcats’ best centers — Sean Rooks and Channing Frye — donned No. 45
– Arizona Wildcats great Ernie McCray reminisces about his record-setting 46-point performance
– Arizona Wildcats star recruit should not be compared to Blake Griffin
– Arizona Wildcats coach Sean Miller on fast track to Pac-12 success
– Things you may not know about Arizona Wildcats point guard T.J. McConnell
– Arizona Wildcats will benefit from presence of Joseph Blair in practice
– Arizona Wildcats preparing for what could be memorable 2013-14 season